The Audiology Department at the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) provides audiological services, using specialised equipment, to individuals over the age of 18 years of age. Services are provided to inpatients and outpatients by appointment.
The Audiologists at the RAH assess individuals who are experiencing:
- Decreased/changed hearing
- Damaged hearing as a result of a medical event, such as head trauma, neurological pathology or ototoxic drug use
- Significantly distressing tinnitus
- Communication difficulties associated with hearing loss
- Balance issues and dizziness
Donations of good quality, modern, behind-the-ear hearing aids are always welcome. Low income Health Care Card holders can access low cost or second hand hearing aids through the Audiology Department with the assistance of the Da Costa Benevolent Fund. For further information, contact the Audiology Department on (08) 7074 0734.
A referral from a GP or medical practitioner is needed to access the Audiology Services at the RAH. Once your referral is received an appointment letter will be sent to you.
Outpatient Call Centre
Telephone: 1300 153 853
Fax: (08) 7074 6144
Telephone: (08) 7074 0734