Research is essential to the development of health care. As a research participant, you will be contributing to health care advancements in the prevention, new treatments and cures for serious health conditions affecting the community.
Research is essential to achieving health care advancements in the prevention, new treatments and cures for serious health conditions. At the Royal Adelaide Hospital, you may have the opportunity to participate in research.
You may or may not benefit directly from your participation, but there may be a benefit to the wider community.
Our commitment to you:
- You will only be asked to take part in a research project if it is appropriate for you
- Participation in a research project is completely voluntary
- Your treatment will not be affected if you decide not to take part in a research project
- You will receive full information about the project
- You may change your mind and withdraw from a research project at any stage without your care being affected
- You are assured that your dignity, rights, safety, confidentiality and wellbeing will always be respected
If you would like to be involved in research at CALHN, speak to your clinician in the first instance to determine if there are any projects suitable for you.
For more information, contact the CALHN Research Office on 7074 5413, or at Health.CALHNResearchGovernance@sa.gov.au .